Sliding Sash windows
BMB Sliding Sash windows are designed with the aesthetic of a traditional sash window, but have the benefit of modern high security features, engineered timber (minimises seasonal movement and jamming), and double glazing which utilises enhanced insulating glass and has a centre pane U-value of under 1.1 W/m2K, as standard. This, together with the high performance weather seal, minimises heat loss and reduces drafts which in turn saves energy. This combination also reduces noise.
The windows are available with or without glazing bars and are available in standard sizes or can be made-to-measure. Detailed drawings to illustrate your exact requirements are available on request.
Standard key features:
- Constructed using European Oak, Larch, Meranti or treated Pine.
- Multi-layered laminated sections (also known as 'engineered sections') help to eliminate seasonal movement and warping.
- Spiral balanced, as standard.
- Traditional sash lifts and fitch catches are available in a range of finishes including brass and chrome.
- 4-16-4 low e argon filled double glazing fitted, as standard, giving a centre pane value of under 1.1 W/m2K.
- Fully finished with micro-porous high performance paint or translucent stain with UV protection.
- Any choice of colour paint from the RAL colour system is available.
- All finishes are tested under severe conditions to ensure extremely long outdoor resistance and low maintenance.
- Fitted with full window seals to avoid draughts and rattle.
- Trickle ventilation supplied to comply with Part F of the building regulations, where required.
Non standard options:
- Toughened, laminated, obscured and self-cleaning glazing options available.
- We offer the option of dual painting. e.g. different colours inside and out.
- Traditional weights and pulleys available on request.
- Sash lifts and fitch catches are also available in period ironwork, either wrought iron or pewter.